800 Hour Yoga Therapy Teacher Training
800-Hour Yoga Therapy Teacher Training is in the process of accreditation. If you wish to apply for the Yoga Therapy course you can start from the 300 Hrs program. Please consult us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.
800 Hour Yoga Therapy Training Course is a unique course that prepares highly qualified yoga practitioner that is different from simple yoga instructor according to the standard of IAYT (International Association of Yoga Therapy).
Who Is Yoga Therapist?
A yoga therapist is a person who got certified according to a competition of particular specific education and can perform the appropriate application of teachings and practices of asana, pranayama, meditation, mantra, and lifestyle changes in a therapeutic context to support a consistent yoga practice that will increase self-awareness and engage the client/student’s energy in the direction of desired goals.
What Is A Goal Of Yoga Therapy?
The goals of yoga therapy include eliminating, reducing, or managing symptoms that cause suffering; improving function; helping to prevent the occurrence of underlying causes of illness; and moving toward improved health and well-being.
What Allowed To Do For Yoga Therapist?
According International Association of Yoga Therapists there are some limitations in practice of certified yoga therapist. Here you can see what allowed to do for Yoga therapist and what not
Our Program- 800 Hour Yoga Therapy Teacher Training(Total Duration – 2 Years)
|Yoga Therapy Foundation||Vedansha Retreat Center, Rishikesh India||Completiton Of 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Course Yoga Alliance Certified|
1 Year Of Teaching
1 Year Of Self Practice
|Yoga Therapy Master||Vedansha Retreat Center, Rishikesh India||Competition Of Level I, Can Be Done Together With Level I Or Separately|
|Yoga Therapy Practicum|
Yoga Therapy Practicum
|At Your Community Place, Should Be Done Within Rest Of Months According Teaching Program|
Internship In Rishikesh
|Competition Of Level I, II,|
|Duration||Study Days||Free Day||Graduation||Price|
|Monday-Saturday||Sunday||Module I Participation Certificate||3000 USD|
|Monday-Saturday||Sunday||Module II Participation Certificate||2100 USD|
|Exact Days Mentioned In Schedule|
Monday To Saturday
|Sunday||Certificate Of Yoga Therapist After Successful Exam||2000 USD|
Benefits Of Yoga Therapy Teacher Training :
- new opportunity in career
- new level of yoga classes with more individual way of health support
- learn more than 200 different diseases, it’s pathology, physiology, applied asana, pranayama, meditation, mantra support
- work more individually with clients and support their health issues
- become not only simple yoga teacher but wellness & health consultant
- use yoga therapy methods to support your health and prevent sickness in your body
- be expert in treatment of scoliosis, kyphosis, lordosis and different types of back pain
- know which herbal therapy should be used by headache, cough, fatigue, depression
- learn how to prevent cold, flu, high blood pressure, diabetes with yoga methods
800 Hour Yoga Therapy Teacher Training Syllabus
When you finish Level I of the 800 hr training, you will also qualify for a Yoga Alliance RYT 500 Yoga Teacher. To get Yoga Therapist certification you will need to continue education in Level II & III programs.
Level I+II divided in Modules:
1. Muscle-skeletal disorders (spine, neck, hips, knees, shoulders) & Respiratory diseases
2. Gastrointestinal disorders and Cardio-Vascular system disorders
3. Nervous and urogenital systems disorders
4. Sensor organs diseases and disorders
5. Psychic and somatic disorders
6. Traumatic, professional and Cancer diseases
7. Ayurveda foundation in yoga therapy
8. Autoimmune diseases
- Certificate of yoga therapy teacher after successful completion of 800 H Level I+II+III, After Level I – 500 RYT, after Level I + II – Simple Certificate of Yoga Therapist
- Theoretical and practical skills in yogic treatment of common diseases.
- Mala (string of beads) energised by our Guru Ji Yogachariya Dr. S.K.Pandey, PhD (Yoga & Naturopathy).
- 3 times of yogic nutrition, beverages.
- Study materials.
- Cleansing Kit.
- Cleansing yoga session
- T-shirts (1) with symbolic of school.
- excursions in Himalaya.(2 in 200 H & 3 in 300 H )
- 1 short aura check up.
- ayurvedic massages.(2 in 200 H & 3 in 300 H )
- Accompanying and supporting during time of staying in the Institute, help provided 24 Hours.
Optional For Moderate Payment:
- Pick up and drop.
- Other ayurvedic procedures.
- Ayurvedic doctor conculatation.
- Number of excursions more than mentioned above.
- Detailed Aura check-up with providing of written report about Aura statement, disturbances in Aura if they are present, supporting methods and treatment advices of naturopathic specialist (individual plan of asana postures, pranayama, herbs, meditative practice).
- Detailed horoscope assessment.
- Extra night of accommodation.
Check In : 13:00 Pm | Check Out:12:00 Pm
Time Table For Level I & II 800 Hour Yoga Teacher Training:
|06:00 – 06:30||Wake Up And Cleansing|
|06:30 – 07:00||Shatkriya and herbal tea (yogic cleansing with Jala neti (special techniques of nose cleansing), pooja (mantra recitation & fire ceremony purification)|
|07:00 – 08:30||Yoga Therapy practical class|
|08:30 – 09:30||Pranayama: breathing exercises|
|09:30 – 10:30||Breakfast: Special Yogic Menu|
|10:30 – 11:30||Yoga philosophy/ayurveda/teaching methodology|
|11:30 – 12:30||Yoga therapy theory class|
|13:00 – 14:00||Lunch|
|14:00 – 15:00||Free Time|
|15:00 – 16:00||Yoga anatomy/asana alignment|
|16:00 – 17:30||Asana Hatha class|
|17:30 – 18:30||Yoga Nidra/ guided Meditation: guided relaxation practice, meditation, and concentration|
|18:30 – 19:30||Dinner|
|19:30 – 22:00||Free Time|
|22:00 – 06:00||Sleep|
Level III Time table will be discussed individually
- Give yoga therapy class to your peers under control of teacher, give yoga Therapy sessions.
- A written theory test
- Short research work in Yoga Therapy
- Documented mentor supervised hours of classes and proper documentation of work in case of yoga Therapy practicum on place
Note:- Time table can be changed during to teaching process.
IAYT Competencies Covered
- Section 1. Yoga Foundations
- Category 1.1. Yoga Teachings and Philosophy
- Category 1.2. Yoga and the Mind
- Section 2. Biomedical and Psychological Foundations
- Category 2.1. Anatomy and Physiology
- Category 2.3. Psychology and Mental Health
- Category 2.4. Additional Knowledge
- Section 3. Yoga Therapy Tools and Therapeutic Skills
- Category 3.1. Yoga Therapy Tools
- Category 3.2. Basic Principles of the Therapeutic Relationship
- Category 3.3. Principles and Skills for Educating Clients/Students
- Category 3.4. Principles and Skills for Working with Groups
- Section 5. Professional Practice
- Category 5.1. Ethical Principles
- Category 5.2. Legal, Regulatory, and Business Issues Pertaining to Yoga Therapy
- Category 5.4. Personal and Professional Development and Continuing Education
Students have demonstrated understanding of course learning objectives by their supervised or internship practicum, 85 % attendance at all lectures, participation in practice teaching & teaching sessions, and completion of written test.